facebook.com

Wednesday 20 March 2013

David hobby Inspired Youth Image


Even Alone - Always Connected
As part of my university course studying digital media design I was asked to create an image of a contemporary youth. There are many aspects of youth life that I could have focused on but if I am honest they have been done to death. For me the thing that stands out about youth today is how they are always connected even when alone they are always online talking to friends. My idea was to create a David Hobby style image of a youth sat in bed on Facebook on a laptop.

My lighting setup

I used all artificial studio lighting, I used 2 studio strobes in large soft boxes as fill light and artificial Ambient light to allow me to have more control than standard lights. Next I used a Speedlight laying on the laptop keys pointing to a white bounce card over the screen. This reflects what looks like a laptop glow into the models face with a shadow on the wall behind.

What do I think?

I really enjoyed taking this image and experimenting with the flash setups and really think people should give it a go. Also go and check out David Hobby, his work and blog.
AlexAndrews

No comments:

Post a Comment