facebook.com

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Coronet Ambassador

Product Shot
Coronet Ambassador
When I see a vintage camera like this for only £4 I could not help but buy it. The Coronet Ambassador was created in England around 1955 and is made from metal and Bakelite. It shoots on 120 film and uses a fixed focus and small aperture to create a focus image. The only controls are a normal of bulb mode for the shutter and a green filter to enhance black and white photos.  I am yet to test this with film but when I do I will show you my results. This is the camera that inspired me to create a Camera Obscura and even if I never use it in anger it just nice owning a little of photography history.
One thing I did try was adding a digital sensor to this camera and using it like a Camera Obscura the results were interesting but need fine tuning.

AlexAndrews



No comments:

Post a Comment